Polar Newsletter Part 7: Polar Bear Nomenclature
Polar bears spend most of their lives hunting on ice sheets in the northern polar ice biome. They hibernate in the winter in dens on land. Mothers give birth to their babies in the den during the winter months.
Some interesting facts about Polar Bears:
- They are the world’s largest land predator.
- Their white fur is actually transparent and conducts solar heat.
- They are great swimmers and can swim long distances.
- They have furry large paws that make it easy to walk on ice.
- They usually give birth to two cubs.
Here are the nomenclature cards
Polar Newsletter Part 8: The Kings of Antarctica