Pre-Math Counting Activities
Purpose: To learn how to count. Arrangement of objects does not affect the same quantity.
Materials: 2 to 10 small identical shapes, such as wooden blocks
- Put the blocks in a row left to right (horizontally)
- Count with your child 1,2,3,4,5 (use the number of blocks according to your child's ability.)
- Next, take the blocks and stack them as a tower.
- Count with your child again.
- Continue to rearrange the blocks or objects in different patterns and shapes such as a circle, square, triangle, "L" and count each time with your child. Finally, let your child do this activity alone.
Fun Physical Learning Activity
Ball Bounce Game
Bounce a ball 1 to 5 times. Have your child clap how many times you bounced the ball. This is also a great game for listening skills.
Lastly, count the times you bounce the ball.
Pink Tower and Counting